Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nick Jonas


Nicholas Jonas was born on September 16, 1992, in Dallas, Texas. He has been singing ever since he was little and has starred in several Broadway musicals. Some of them include Beauty and the Beast and A Christmas Carol. His band, the Jonas Brothers, include two of his brothers, Kevin and Joe. The band actually started as a solo project of his.
The Jonas Brothers started as a solo project of the youngest member and second youngest brother, Nick Jonas. Once the recording company became aware that he had two other musically talented brothers (Kevin and Joe), they were quickly signed to Columbia Records.[1] The brothers considered naming their group “Sons of Jonas,” before settling on the name the “Jonas Brothers”. Their father manages the group, and was in charge of getting the band’s record deals. The Jonas Brothers released their first album, It’s About Time, on August 8, 2006. After switching labels to Hollywood Records, their self-titled second album, Jonas Brothers was released on August 7th 2007.
With the August 2007 release of their Hollywood debut, nothing more stood in their way. Their premiere single, “S.O.S.,” quickly hit 1 on iTunes. In most cities on their “Look Me In The Eyes” headline tour, concerts sold out in minutes. They shot their own reality TV series, “Jonas Brothers – Living the Dream.” Coming up, the brothers star in the Disney Channel original movie, “Camp Rock,” as well as their own Disney Channel comedy series this fall, titled “J.O.N.A.S.”

Nick Jonas Facts
Full Name: Nicholas Jerry Jonas
Birthday: September 16, 1992
Born in: Dallas, TX
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Song: “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Hobbies: Music, Songwriting, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Collecting Baseball cards
Favorite Actor: Matt Long (Jack and Bobby)
Favorite Actress: Keri Lynn Pratt (Jack and Bobby)
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cotton Candy
Favorite Movie: Finding Neverland (Old), Juno (New)
Favorite TV Show: Lost and Sports Center on ESPN
Favorite Sport: Baseball

Quotes
Nick: I love watching sports, and I like to be outside, even if it’s raining.
Nick (to his brother, Joe): You’re ideas are pointless
Nick: It doesn’t matter if the world is pulling you down. With Christ you have everything
Nick: Yo that’s illogical, I can’t have it!
Nick (when he calls a girl): My heart starts beating really fast and I have this thing where I gulp sometimes.
Nick: My pick up line is, “Slow down, sugar, because I’m a diabetic”!
Nick (on his diabetes): At first, I asked, “Why me?” Then I thought, “Why not me?”
Nick: You know, five thousand push-ups [joking on what he does before a show].
Nick (on the concept of “Games”): I had this joke that I thought was really funny, “No, board games make me bored.”

Nick: You know what we did do? We watched a whole special on hippos.
Nick: I think for us our faith has been a big part of everything we do all of our lives and we’re just being who we are. (NEWLY ADDED - JULY 2008)
Nick:: Now, I have a question. How many of you have been through a hard time in your life? One of those moments where life throws you a curve ball. I had one of those moments 3 and a half years ago, when I was diagnosed with diabetes. It was a shock. At the hospital, I made a commitment to myself that I wouldn’t let it slow me down. And I’m here tonight to tell you that it hasn’t slowed me down. Now today-I met a few wonderful people who have also been through a hard time.
They told me that my story encouraged them. Now tell me - who would have thought that my hard time would one day encourage all of you. And I was having another one of those days where my blood sugar was out of control, it was a tough day. So I sat down and I wrote this song. This song right here, is for every broken heart, for every lost dream, for every single tear. For every high, and for every low.
Now what I want you to do - is I wanna hear you sing. I wanna hear every broken heart, every lost dream, and every person thats getting through a high and a low, I wanna hear you sing this song out with all your heart. (NEWLY ADDED - JULY 2008)(ps this one made me cry)credits for this info goes to NICK J ONLINE.com

No comments: